Government of Punjab, Primary & Secondary Healthcare Department has been issued Notification on the 06-02-2023 in connection with Clarification Regarding Govt Charges of Ultrasound and Pathology Test for ANC, Deliveries, and PNC Cases. Details are as under:
Govt Charges of Ultrasound and Pathology Test for ANC, Deliveries, and PNC Cases – Clarification
Kindly refer to the subject noted above.
Pursuant to the directions of the Competent Authority, it is clarified that all obstetrical care-related pathological tests and ultrasounds performed for antenatal, natal, and postnatal care should be free of cost.
A copy is forwarded for information to:-
- The director of general health care services, Punjab 24-copper road, Lahore.
- The program director, IRMNCH & NP Punjab, Lahore
- The Program Manager, NCD, 24-copper road, Lahore.
- The section officer (B&A) P&SH Department.
- All medical superintendents, DHQs/THQs Hospitals in Punjab
- All in-charge RHQs, in Punjab.
- PST to Secretary, P&SH Department.
- PS to Special Secretary (Operations), P&SH Department.
- PA to Additional Secretary (Tech), P&SH Department.
- Master File
What is ANC?
Antenatal care (ANC) coverage is an indicator of access to and use of health care during pregnancy. The antenatal period presents opportunities for reaching pregnant women with interventions that may be vital to their health and wellbeing and that of their infants.