Government of Punjab, Services & General Administration Department has been issued Notification on the 11-04-2023 in connection with the Promotion of BPS-01 to BPS-08 Govt Employees in Punjab against a 20% Quota. Details are under:
Documents Demand Promotion of BPS-01 to BPS-08 Punjab Employees (20% Quota)
20% posts of Junior Clerks (BPS-11) are required to be filled in form amongst the employees of all categories in BS-1 to BS-8 on the basis of seniority-cum-fitness after fulfilling the following requirements:-
- Matriculation (2nd Division);
- However, the condition of the Second Division in the Secondary School Certificate shall not be applicable in respect of employees for all categories in BS-1 to BS-8, who have been appointed before the existing amendment vide notification dated 20.10.2011, for their promotion as Junior Clerk against 20% quota.
- Have at least 3 years experience of in regular service and
- Have a speed of 25 words per minute in typing on Computer.
- Provision of ACRs.
- No Inquiry / No Demand Certificate.
It is, therefore, requested to kindly forward the names of eligible candidates working in your department/offices who fulfill above conditions along with the Original Service Book and Matriculation Certificates by 10.5.2023 positively.
Further processes regarding the conduct of typing tests and DPC meetings will be initiated after the lifting of the ban and receipt of concurrence from Election Commission of Pakistan.
New Promotion Policy Junior Clerk:
That is a good step for the government of Punjab. Now all the employees from BPS-01 to BPS-08 are eligible for promotion to JC (BPS-11) but under rules. Before this, only the employees of BPS-01 to BPS-04 can apply for test for post of Junior clerk. We can say it is a good step but the Government of Punjab should create/increase the number of posts of the Junior Clerks so that the maximum number of employees may get benefit from this new promotion policy.